Thursday, February 16, 2012

The "I Hate My Job" Song

If you have been reading this blog you know that I'm not too enthusiastic about working at this retail store.  You are probably wondering why I am still working here if I hate it so much.  I'm currently looking for another job but I am not having much luck.  I think as soon as they see this company's name on my resume they think I'm an idiot and just skip right over it.  Anyway here is something you should know that I do a lot at work.  To kill the time I like to take every lame song that plays in the store and change the lyrics a little to emphasize how I feel about my job.  It has become second nature now so sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it.

Well the other night I wasn't even listening to whatever crap that was playing over the loud speaker.  I was working on my scavenger hunt list while doing the truck because about 80% of the shit on the list was still on the truck.  But instead of doing the truck first then doing a pull-list I have to find stuff that is buried under 50 boxes of shredders or go through 50 totes to find a mouse pad.... In agony, I belted out a song version of "I Hate My Job!" then all of a sudden a lady a couple aisles over in the Martha Stewart section sticks her head around the corner and asks, "What did you say?!"  Oh shit, I was caught completely off guard and didn't know how to answer her inquiry.   Maybe she heard me wrong and then she continued with, "Did you just sing you hate your job?"  I then reply, "Yes, yes I did...A little work time comedy..."  The lady then goes on to tell me that if she worked here she probably would hate her job too hahaha!  Well that broke the ice and I helped her find what she was looking for. I went back to my crappy truck and pull-list and she continued to shop around the store.  As she was leaving she came up to me one last time and said, "I'm going to be thinking about that all night now, that was really funny!"  Needless to say that was the highlight of my crappy night.

1 comment: