Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Baler Key Dilemma (UPATE 4-4-12)

UPDATE 4-4-12

Ok so if you read the original post you know how I was complaining about taking out the baler key and how stupid it was.  Well I did some more investigation and it turns out when our LP (Loss Prevention) visited the store he was the one bitching about how people were stealing stuff by sticking it in the baler.  Which as I pointed out doesn't make any sense at all.  Well the day after I posted this original post we were breaking down boxes and I had to get the baler key.  I got the key, crushed the boxes and left the key in the baler as I normally do.  The next day when I went into work I was being questioned as to what happened to the baler key.  What?  Apparently by leaving the key in the baler it has now gone missing.  That makes no sense.  The OM texted the GM about where the key had gone, the GM said I was the last one to have it.  Yeah I was but I left it in the fucking baler.  My guess is the GM took the key out at the end of that night but completely forgot about it.  Ok so we have no baler key but the OM found another key on his own keychain that worked in the baler.  That was being used for a couple days until now that one too has seemed to vanish.  Needless to say we no longer have any baler key and can't break down boxes anymore.  I like how this wasn't a problem at all when the key stayed in the baler.  It is kind of ironic that LOSS PREVENTION is the one that said we should take it out to prevent loss.  I don't think he realized that two keys getting lost would also be a problem....
______________________________________________________________________________
ORIGINAL POST

If you read my previous post you will remember when I spoke about how whenever we get a visit from the Gods of Retail, the baler key always seems to disappear.  Well it has been a few weeks since then and for the last few days I noticed that whenever I went throw boxes into the baler I couldn't because none of the boxes were crushed.  And the damn key was gone again.  At that point I don't give a crap and just throw the boxes right in front of the baler and walk away.   I became a little more concerned about this situation when I realized I would have to be the one to get the stupid key and crush the millions of boxes sitting in front of the baler and it is starting to piss me off.   The main reason it pisses me off because I see no logic for it being taken out in the first place.  No one is going to somehow jump in the baler and turn it on from the inside and crush themselves, it just isn't happening.  And some customer isn't going to go to receiving just to steal the baler key, if they did they are completely retarded.

Well today I decided to complain to one of my fellow coworkers about how freaking lame it is.  He told me that there is a reason why the key keeps getting taken out now.  I originally thought it was because of the last visits either the DM or the head of LP bitched about the key being left in the baler.  Here is the logic I was given.  Apparently there has been quite a bit of internal theft in the store.  Meaning employees are stealing shit from the store.  Somehow it is assumed that they are stealing stuff and hiding it in the baler.  This makes no fucking sense.  If they were hiding something in the baler, it is going to get crushed.  Whatever they were just trying to steal is now flattened like a pancake.  "I really want this printer, I don't care if it gets flattened and doesn't work anymore!" or "Wow this laptop is even thinner than the display model, it's ok that it doesn't even power on or the screen is smashed!".... Sometimes I really don't understand the things that happens in this store...

6 comments:

  1. Our MODs are the only ones with keys to the baler. So if I need to use it, I just use a pair of scissors to unlock it. I frankly don't give a fuck if I break the lock or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason why they told you that is because....back in the day when I use to work there, they used to throw away software that went for disposal in the baler. Some of the software was outdated like last years antivirus but alot of it was also good stuff that could be used even though it was a year old. One of the guys in my store was making a pallet of the crushed boxes and stole a couple of the DVDs from the software boxes (video games mostly). You can just get the product keys from torrent and some of the video games didn't require a product key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm seems like another stupid policy or way of doing things that the company does to torture its employees from being able to get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thing is, from a LP point of view, this is actually a bit backwards. If only one person (or a select few) have access to the key, then they could store stuff in the baler for later retrieval, knowing it's unlikely to be used, and therefore nothing will be damaged. However, if anyone can activate the baler at any given time (ie, if the key was always in the ignition) then people are less likely to take the risk of storing goods there, as they could be lost at any time

    ReplyDelete
  5. exactly it is completely stupid

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's in point of fact a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; weight loss

    ReplyDelete