Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Phone Call: What are we going to do about this?

Today was going pretty well, that is until I got a tech call sometime in the afternoon.  It went something like this...

Me: Hi this is JMan, how can I help you?

Lady: Hi JMan, my name is [Name], I was in there the other day and I bought a Uniden phone.  The gentlemen who helped me was very helpful he answered a lot of my questions.  However he told me that this phone came with a wall mount and it doesn't.  I called Uniden and they said the wall mount is $5.00

*Long Pause*

Me: Ok...

Lady: Well... What are we going to do about this?

Me: Unfortunately I can't order the wall mount we don't carry it.  We may be able to compensate you for the wall mount since we misinformed you saying it had a wall mount. Hold on let me talk to the manager.

(I put the lady on hold, talk to my manager mentioning what was going on.  The manager Ok'd giving the lady a $5.00 coupon or returning and reringing the phone deducting $5.00)

Me: Ma'am? I spoke to the manager we can give you a $5.00 coupon or return and rering the phone and deduct $5.00.  Or we can always exchange the phone and switch it out with one that has a wall mount.

(Of course when we try to help the customer this is when stuff gets out of hand)

Lady: Ugh. This is ridiculous. I have to drive all the way there to get $5.00.  That's a waste of gas.

Me: Well as I said we can switch out the phone, or you can pick up the coupon or do the return at your convenience whenever you are down this way.

Lady: This is ridiculous!! We can't switch out the phone because there are no other phones that have the features of this phone!! I can't use the phone without the wall mount!!! Give me corporate's number!!

(About this time another customer was coming in to pickup a computer.  I told the manager that the lady on the phone needed corporates number.  So I helped the lady picking up a computer while the managers spoke to the lady on the phone.  About 10 minutes later goes by when the tech phone rings)

Me: Hi this is JMan, how can I help you?

Lady: JMan! This is [Name] again. I am very upset... The number I was given for the corporate office was for corporate contracts!! I need to speak to a manager right now!!!

(I glance over and notice both the managers are dealing with customers at this moment, not knowing how long they will take)

Me: Ma'am, sorry the managers are currently helping people. I can get the corporate number for you since I don't know how long they will be.

Lady: NO! I have to speak to a manager!!

Me: Ok. But they are currently busy I can either put you on hold but I do not know how long they will be. Or I can have one of them call you when they are free.

Lady: Don't put me on hold! I don't have time for this! I have been on the phone for over 20 minutes I don't want to have to wait for a call I need this resolved now!

Me: Ok I am putting you on hold.

Long story short, the manager talked to her while she was screaming on the phone.  In order to take care of this customer the SM used his own credit card to order the wall mount for this phone, and had it delivered to the customer.  The store is going to have to reimburse him in some way.

Turns out this lady is also disabled and this was another reason she didn't want to come into the store.  She of course did not mentioned this once the whole time she was flipping out on me on the phone.  People are crazy... I also like when we give solutions to people and they still don't think it's enough...

1 comment:

  1. These so called customers actually think we care?

    ReplyDelete