Thursday, November 17, 2011

Best Password & "I have an ink toner ribbon cartridge"

So today was a crappy day just like any other. Only one tech working most of the day, surprisingly I did have someone else to help out for the last couple hours.  I've just finished up a computer and the customer was coming in to pick it up.  I explained since we had to install a new hard drive it was like a new computer we had put all his data back on but he has to install all his programs.  He asks me about the antivirus he had renewed but was never able to get working.  We log on to the website where it asks for the user account information both email and password.  I type his email in as he spells it for me then we get to the password which he replies, "killmom11" I started laughing right on the spot.  He says hey no one is ever going to guess that one right? He did have a point haha.

I was working on computers because they are still piled up like crazy but slowly we are catching up.  Anyway my manager comes up to me while I'm working behind the counter and this is how the interaction went.

Manager: "JMan this customer *points to an older woman with big glasses* says she has an  HP Fax 1040 and when I look up the cartridge number in the book and online it says it is the HP 20 ink cartridge, she says the one she has in the machine is a fax ribbon."

Me: *Thinks for a moment* "Well I haven't seen any HP machines that use a fax ribbon so if it says the HP 20 ink cartridge that is most likely the right one."

Customer: "NO! My machine uses a fax ribbon I have gotten it before and I know exactly what it looks like! See I wrote it down, HP Fax 1040 Toner!"

Me: "Ok well I'll look directly on HP's website and double check the owner's manual to see what it says about the replacement ink it uses" (I said ink because I know it uses ink and it's funny just to see her flip out)

Customer: "It is not an ink!!! It is a fax ribbon!!!!!"

Me: " I am loading up the manual now." (Which takes some time because our internet in the store blows) "Ah, here it is, the manual says 'Replace only with HP Ink 20 (#######)'"

Customer: "Ugh I know it is an ink ribbon!! I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!" *leaves in anger"

Manager: "You handled that the best you could..."

1 comment: