Monday, November 28, 2011

Neither Here nor There & Tales of the Cross-Dresser

Today is CyberMonday and as much of a tech nerd I am I can't be happy because that means people will be coming in to buy technology products.  The 99% of these people buying these products have no idea what the fuck they do or how to use them.  This leaves me trying to explain to them what something does.  Thankfully at one point in the day the one customer who came in is a computer guru and I've dealt with him before.  So he was one of the 1% who knew what the wanted I just had to get it for him out of the locked room.  The item he wanted was a 2TB hard drive but has a slower RPM speed to conserve energy.  This same hard drive I remember looking for last week for a customer and we didn't have it in stock.  This isn't exactly a shock we hardly ever have anything that customers are looking for but have an over-abundance of printers and shredders coming out of our asses.  So I come out of the locked room with the disappointing news that we don't have this drive but I tell the customer I'll check online.  This brings me to one of the computers to check .com.  The item doesn't exist on .com, and this isn't the first time this has happened.  For the last week or so I have been noticing this more and more. We have "Out of Stock" tags on the empty shelves saying "See an Associate to Order this Item Online" but then we try to order it, the item doesn't exist...

There is a cross-dresser who always comes into the store and some days he's (she's?) dressed like a guy.  Most of the time he comes in wearing women's clothing.  He's (she's?) really tall with long white hair. Today I didn't want to deal with the akwardness of helping him (her?) because he (she?) was wearing women's clothing, nail polish, lipstick, and heals.  Eventually I did have to help him (her?) find an ink ribbon for an adding machine.  Of course the ribbons don't show all the machines they are for so I had to look online on .com to once again find that the adding machine we had in the store doesn't exist online as well.  Eventually I found another computer with outside internet access and was able to find it.

 FUN FACT: This same person I helped a couple months ago ordering something online (that day he was dressed as a woman) when it came time to get his (her?) information things got kind of awkward.  In order to ship the item a name had to be given.  All he (she?) said was Jerry/Gerri.  Now I know men and women with the name Jerry/Gerri and of course he (she?) gave me no spelling to indicate otherwise so I had to ask how to spell it.  The spelling was given to me as J-E-R-R-I...

No comments:

Post a Comment