Monday, November 21, 2011

The Counterproductive Policy Part 2 & Three Tries is Still NOT the Charm

So in continuing my segment on the counterproductive policy of this company I thought I would shed some more light on the topic.  Today I walk into the store and find a lot of missing signs.  This is typical of a Monday morning because the ad ends on Saturday and the new week starts on Sunday.  So I make it a habit to go around with the pricing gun and make all new signs.  Well because this company is so "green" we go through sign paper faster than a fat guy goes through toilet paper after eating 100 sliders from White Castle.  Of course we aren't allowed to order more sign paper from our supply company, because orders are allowed to be done ONCE a month AND only one batch at a time.  So we get a pack of 500 sheets of 3x5 sign paper that is gone in less than a week because over 500 signs print in the course of a week.  Since the company is trying to save money and not let us order this paper I am left having to cut all the signs manually with a scissor or a paper cutter which wastes more time.  So not only do I have to cut them but now they are completely out of order and need to be sorted, so I'm not going back and forth in the store putting out the signs.

Near the middle of my shift a guy comes in and asks about computers.  I walk over with him to the laptops and explain the benefits of a laptop and the increased capabilities compared to an tablet or netbook.  He wants to save digital copies of books that relate to certain part numbers in engineering.  So he wants to show me the kind of things he would be downloading and storing so he asks me to set it up so he can start typing "www".  So I exit the demo mode and load up google crhome and set the curser for him to type.  He starts typing www.sees.com which brings up a site about candies. He looks at the site perplexed and says to setup so he can type again. He starts typing the exact same thing hits enter and goes to the candy website.  Nope still not the site he is trying to show me.  So what does he do? He types the same exact thing a third time which once again brings him to the candy website hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment